Saturday, March 11, 2006
Saturday 3/11
All Michele's numbers are good and her vital signs are strong. Her new kidney is working good but they are considering a little dialysis to help it out. Learned a little something about kidney transplant today; they leave the old kidneys in. So Michele now has 3. Her liver is working good; she had an ultrasound today and the doctors said it was on the right track, good blood flow. No word yet on what caused the last liver to fail. The infectious disease doctors said the cultures that came back, came back clear. The liver doctor thinks that it will probably be a combination of things including the restrictive blood flow; but that's just speculation for now.
The CT scan on her head came back good also. I misunderstood somebody somewhere about when she would be waking up but right now she is still sleeping on her own. Once in a while she will raise her hands or roll her shoulders. I got her to flutter her eye lids once and when I touched her eye brow she turned away. They say it'll will probably be in the next 24 hours she wakes.
The CT scan on her head came back good also. I misunderstood somebody somewhere about when she would be waking up but right now she is still sleeping on her own. Once in a while she will raise her hands or roll her shoulders. I got her to flutter her eye lids once and when I touched her eye brow she turned away. They say it'll will probably be in the next 24 hours she wakes.
